The other purpose was to kick off October, Breast Cancer Awareness month and participate in an Adventures in Stamping Sunday challenge to do a mani with a pink base.
Here is the outfit that inspired the manicure.
|Cherry Velvet Melody dress|
in Tea Room Print
I wanted to recreate the roses in this dress, and I think the stamping plate I have used the most is my MoYou London Pro Collection - 04. The two rose designs on the bottom row are my faves and I have used them over and over. This time I used the reverse one in the bottom right corner.
|Rose Stamped Manicure|
- base of SpaRitual Magnify, which is a bubblegum pink
- stamped with Sinful Colors Snow Me White, a pure white color and my go-to white for stamping
- topped that with Julep Lindy, a pink jelly with iridescent flakies
- top coat- Out the Door, my go-to top coat
Doesn't it go great with the dress? I love it.
Using Lindy as a topper created a sort of stampwich effect - as you can see, the white is colored the barest of pinks by the jelly. The flakies in Lindy aren't that intense, which would be disappointing if you were going for a super flaky look. But is good in this case, because I wanted the stamping to show through.
|Rose Stamped Manicure with|
Cherry Velvet Tea Room Print dress
Overall I was super happy with the way this whole look came out. I had a brunch to go to today with my fellow regional Chloe + Isabel merchandisers, and it was fun to wear this look.
Full look details:
- Dress: Cherry Velvet Melody Dress in Tea Room Print via Gwynnie Bee
- Jacket: Lane Bryant (bought before my one-woman Lane Bryant boycott started)
- Shoes: Fitzwell Avery via 6pm.com (comes in extra-wide width)
- Necklace: Morningtide East-West Pendant by Chloe + Isabel
- Lipstick: Michael Marcus Stephanie
Disclaimers: I am sharing affiliate links in this post and I will make money if you buy through the links. As always, I only share affiliate links for products I like. :)